Saturday, August 20, 2016

Day Six - a High School Visit, and a break

Today my stomach did give out and say Give me a break! As a result, I had to stay in all morning, and I only got out to go on the secondary school tour I have looked forward to with other conference goers. It is associated with BNU, and it is one beautiful school! State of the art science labs, art studios, etc. It is also beautifully landscaped, and the interior walls have beautiful decorations. Michelle Obama visited the school, and they played a video of her trying her hand at calligraphy.





The curriculum consists of six required subjects and two electives. There are three levels - basic, standard, and advanced. ALL of the students get into university. They do select the students to achieve a diverse balance.

After the tour, I came back to the hotel with a cranky stomach, so Dick went off to the Kung Fu show by himself, and I stayed here, catching up on this blog and getting ready for my conference presentation tomorrow morning. No food since morning - I should feel better tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment